Monday, August 4, 2014

Training and Life Recap: Week of July 28

Last week was the lead up to the K-Town Triathlon, and I can now say that I wish I had done things differently last week. More sleep, better nutrition, smarter training... But I can't change the past so I have to just learn from it! I will share my race report from Kingston later this week.  For now, this is what last week looked like.

Monday: Morning run along the Ottawa River. I had to leave my Garmin at home since it was dead and my iPhone died after 2.5 miles, but came back on for a little bit before dying again, so I think I ran about 6-7 miles total and I was averaging about an 8:15 pace. I taught two barre classes in the evening. Then watched the finale of The Bachelorette, my guilty pleasure TV show.

Tuesday: Track practice - 5x1000 yards with 200 yds fast and the rest at 5k pace. On the first one,the 200 fast was first, then it was the 2nd 200, until we finished the last one with the 200 fast. We finished practice with 5x150 build from 70 to 90% (pretty much a full out sprint).  After practice, I had dinner with one of my new trip friends. Delicious salmon, green beans and tasty bread from the farmers market!

Wednesday: Rest day due to insane weather, I decided to stay home and skip our group bike ride. I'm glad I did since it poured, but I'm not happy with myself for not getting that ride in at all last week.

Thursday: 2400m swim - 500 warmup, 200 kick, 2x250 pull with paddles, 4x50 drill, 2x200 build, 4x100 descend, 200 warm down. A big reminder that I need to swim more! It felt great to get up and go to the pool though, which is something that I would have dreaded a few years ago. It's so nice to love swimming again! In the evening, I taught a barre class.

Friday: Rest day.  Up at 5 am to teach the 6 am barre class. I loved it! Such an awesome group of ladies to hang out with to start the day off on the right foot! I also sat down to write my August goals!

Saturday: Woke up and packed my bags for Kingston. Taught a barre class, then grabbed lunch and hit the road for the 1.5 hour drive to Kinggston. When I arrived, I went to the race site to pick up my race packet, then I went to ride the bike course. I spent about 20 minutes on the bike, then did a quick 20 minute run through the beautiful campus of the Royal Military College. It was a scorcher, so I went to check in to my room at Queens University so I could shower. I met a friend for dinner at Olivea downtown Kingston, then went back to my room to get organized for race day!

Sunday: Race day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment